Why Charter Senior Living?
“I believe in the Charter Mission. To Enhance the Human Spirit. I do this every day as I help care for our residents. They may need extra help throughout the day, but I know during these times that I am enhancing their spirit. I feel honored to make such a difference in someone’s life!" -Charter Senior Living Associate
Offering Health Insurance for Full Time Associates
Your potential is unlimited. As a small boutique company, we are committed to helping each of our Associates have more than just a “job”. We want each of our associates to feel like they a career and an opportunity to grow. Learn more about Charter and how you can become part of an organization that is committed to the future of their Associates.
- Competitive Hourly Wage
- Perfect Attendance bonus offered monthly- Earn an extra $100 per month (after taxes).
- Health Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Resident Referral Bonus
Caregivers are the main support providers to our residents. The position provides assistance to residents in the Assisted Living and/or Memory Care Program(s) with their activities of daily living, implementation of resident plans of care, documentation of nursing services and enabling residents to lead a quality life while maintaining their dignity. The position will enhance the lives of older adults by assisting them with patience and a friendly smile all while embracing teamwork and collaboration among all staff.
· Maintains Charter Senior Living Mission and Core Values.
· Provide assistance as needed with medication reminders (as applicable), bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
· Follow the schedule of resident’s needs set out by supervisor.
· Provide emotional and social support to residents.
· Document daily assistance provided per protocol
· Inform supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
· Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the residents.
· Respect residents’ confidentiality.
· Familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
· Attend all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
· Strive to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
· Maintain a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
· Adhere to all policies and procedures of Charter Senior Living
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
· Constant use of manual dexterity, auditory and visual skills, and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
· Ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
· Associates in this role are occasionally exposed to hot water, and cleaning chemicals.
· Ability to reach, bend, twist, squat, kneel, push, and pull.
· Ability to lift/carry up to 50 pounds. 80 pounds of pressure may be placed on the associate through transfers using transfer belts or mechanical assists.
· Ability to perform repetitive movements including simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
· Constant standing and walking.
· Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections.
· Has familiarity and willingness to work with elderly population. Previous experience preferred, but not necessary.
· Clear communication – listening, speaking, reading, and writing including ability to communicate sensitive information with empathy
· Ability to work as part of a team and handle multiple tasks safely and effectively
· High tolerance for working under pressure and handling critical situations in a calm and professional manner.
· High School Diploma or equivalent, is required
· CNA, STNA, GNA, CHHA or other caregiver training/certifications as per state regulatory and licensure requirements
· CPR/First Aid Certification may be required (per regulatory requirements)
· Experience with the elderly and memory impaired adults is preferred but not required with thorough understanding of the aging process
All offers of employment are subject to passing background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
MISSON: TO ENHANCE THE HUMAN SPIRIT
CORE VALUES: To Serve with Heart, To Serve with Purpose, To Serve with Courage and To Have Fun While Serving