Newton Nissan of Gallatin is seeking a full time employee to work between both the Cashier and Receptionist roles. Scheduling fluctuates week to week with Evening and Saturday availability being required. Hours of availability needed for this role are 6:45 am till 8 pm. The ideal candidate will be a reliable, hardworking, detail oriented, organized, customer service focused individual with the eagerness to complete job responsibilities effectively and efficiently. Candidate will be required to maintain a professional image and demeanor at all times. Business attire with uniform shirt required. This position will be 35-40 hours per week. Pay will be based on experience. No phone calls, please.
Please send resume to: email@example.com
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet all customers and determine the nature of their visit
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct all calls to the appropriate department or individual
- Take detailed messages and provide basic information to all callers
- Communicate with callers and visitors in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner
- Communicate messages to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
- Must balance cash upon shift start and shift end and be able to reconcile any discrepancy
- Collect cash, checks, and credit card payments from customers for the amount due on the repair order and/or counter ticket
- Guarantee all checks collected are in accordance with the company policy
- Ascertain and record totals of counter tickers and repair orders and verify against all cash, checks, and credit card payments at the end of shift
- Prepare and stock coffee, coffee supplies, and customer snacks
- Maintain cleanliness of customer lounge
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Communicate with guests in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner
- Promptly and efficiently answer multi-line phone system and transfer calls to direct department or individual
- Take detailed messages and communicate messages to the appropriate parties in a timely manner
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Friendly, people-oriented personality
- Punctual with schedule flexibility
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Must clear pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Cash handling experience required
- Receptionist or Switchboard experience preferred
- **New Hire Bonus--$50.00 will be paid on first payroll after date of employment. The balance of $150.00 will be paid after the employee has completed a 90 day probationary period and is in good standing.
Why Newton Motor Group?
Newton Motor Group is a family owned auto group that has been serving the fine people of Tennessee since 2008. We now have four dealerships comprised of five major auto manufacturers including Nissan, Ford, Chevy, Buick, and GMC. With our locations in Gallatin and Shelbyville, we can serve all of Central Tennessee including Nashville, Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Lewisburg, Manchester, Tullahoma, Franklin, and all the surrounding areas. At Newton Motor Group, we are customer and employee oriented. We know that happy employees make for happy customers. Come to Newton Motor Group, and let us put a smile on your face. In our time here, we have done a lot to support this community including giving away a car every year to a local high school student. Come to a Newton Motor Group dealership near you today!